Be With Us :
CBSE Class 10 NCERT Related Study Materials
(TO VIEW ANSWERS CLICK ON THE BUTTON AT THE END OF ALL QUESTIONS)
Answer the following questions in 30-40 words each:
1. How did the nightingale die?
2. What advice did the nightingale give to the frog?
3. How did the frog exploit the nightingale?
4. How did the frog become the unrivalled king of the bog?
5. Why did the frog tell the nightingale to puff up her lungs?
6. Why does the nightingale call the frog a 'Mozart in disguise?'
7. What made the nightingale a huge sensation? (famous in the Bog).
8. Why did the animals come to the bog from miles around?
9. How did the frog use the nightingale to fulfil his own selfish interests and what all means did he adopt to achieve his goal?
"Oh!" the nightingale confessed
That a critic of such note
Had discussed her art and throat:
I don't think the song's divine.
But-oh, well-at least it's mine.
(i) Who was the critic?
(ii) Why was the nightingale so impressed by him?
(iii) What does the nightingale mean by 'at least it's mine'?
(iv) What happens to the nightingale in the end?
(v) What character of nightingale is revealed in these lines?
Question 1. Read the extract given below and answer the questions that follow. Write the answers in your answer sheet in one or two lines only. Number the answers correctly.
So the frog and the nightingale
Journeyed up and down the scale
For six hours, till she was shivering
And her voice was hoarse and quivering.
(i) 'Who journeyed up and down the scale?'
(ii) What trait of the frog is highlighted in lines?
(iii) How did this 'journey' affect the nightingale?
"The technique was fine, of course,
But it lacked certain force."
"Oh!" the nightingale confessed.
Greatly flattered and impressed......
(i) Whose technique is referred to here?
(ii) How did the listener react to these words?
Answer the following questions:
1. Do you think the nightingale was a stupid bird? Why / Why not? Explain with instances from the poem.
Neither stones nor prayers nor sticks,
Insult or complaints or bricks
Stilled the frog's determination
To display his heart's elation.
(i) Why was the frog elated?
(ii) How did the others react? Why? / How did the other creatures try to stop the frog? Why?
(iii) How was it later 'stilled temporarily'?
(iv) What character trait of the frog is revealed here?